Saturday, August 18, 2007

Dan Dennett. A Smart, Good Zero.



If you've got 25 minutes, watch Dan Dennett, a Tufts philosophy professor and cognitive scientist - who spoke right after me at the TED conference. He calls me a "master religion designer." Buddy - you are missing the point. I don't care if you disagree with me - it's not me, it's Jesus.

Dan - place your bet:
- God doesn't exist and I don't believe (nothing gained, nothing lost)
- God doesn't exist but I believe
(nothing gained, nothing lost)
- God exists and I don't believe (eternity lost)
- God exists and I do believe (safe bet!)

You end by calling us "mean" - is it really "mean" for me to care enough about you that I don't want to see you live in eternal separation from God? Is is "mean" for me to share what I believe to be the truth? Let's just say for argument that I'm right and you are wrong - and after you die - and you are standing before God in judgement. Would you rather I have kept this truth to myself?

No comments: